1. to build school spirit
2. to improve cooperation and collaboration between faculty, students, and/or the community
3. to encourage participation in preparation of school and community events
4. to demonstrate and show enthusiasm at all school events
5. to set a good example to others
6. to practice good citizenship by demonstrating honesty and kindness
7. to encourage school and community pride
8. to respect other people and their rights
Qualifications & Expectations
- Representatives must have at least a "C" average and meet eligibility requirements according to the student handbook.
- Officers must be in the 7th and 8th grade, and carry an "A/B" average
- President & Vice President must be in the 8th grade, and carry an "A/B" average.
- Both representatives and officers must attend all Student Council meetings unless supervisors have granted permission.
- Student Council members are expected to take notes at the meetings, and report information to their homeroom classes.
- Student Council members will serve on subcommittees during Student Council meetings.
- Student Council members are expected to volunteer for at least one activity during the school year.